Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tequila Sunset

My sister inspired my new favorite pedi... Tequila Sunset. This is the first time I've ever tried sponging, and I ♥ it! Its super easy and looks amazing. I had to use 6 different colors but its so worth it:) I started off with Kleancolor Neon orange, this is the all over base for the pedi. After that I started with my sponging ( I did let each coat dry before applying the next). Okay sponging in order Zoya Rica, N.Y.C. 237, Kleancolor Wild Rose, Orly Razzle and finally the top coat Kleancolor Holo Pink. All you do is build up the colors as you go light to dark or whatever you'd like to do:) So here is the first picture of the original pedi♥




 The easiest way that I found to do sponging is to have a little tray with your polish dabbed on ( opening the bottle and pouring some out) this way its there in front of you and your not having to open the bottle  a 100 times:) Make sure you cut up your sponges small cause remember you can't reuse them:P And here is the picture of the polishes used.


Kleancolor Neon Orange, Zoya Rica, N.Y.C. 237
Kleancolor Wild Rose, and Orly Razzle, Top coat Kleacolor Holo Pink
As the day went on I thought to myself...Self there is something missing from this pedi?! Oh yeah, I need to add some nail art:) And that is what I did, I kept thinking and my husband even said that it looks like a sunset... so what does a sunset need, Palm Trees:) Cause I really want to be at the beach right now!!! I wanted it to look like the airbrushed shirts you can get at the beach, so I did a little surfing on the internet and found a lot of great inspiration. And the Tequila Sunset was created:) I just used my black striper ( I did have to practice a few times on paper) but it was easy as one, two, three!




I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I have, this is my new favorite summer time pedi:)
Let me know what ya'll think and if there is something you have tired that you love???


Until next time lovelies, Happy Polishing and have a perfect Tequila Sunset!
Love,
Anne

8 comments:

  1. Love pedicures! I always give myself a weekly pedi, love that gradient, I might have to practice one too! Looks gorgeous on you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Going to have to steal this for my beach vacation when my man comes home from deployment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove this! Perfect for the first day of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, Facebook doesn't want to let me comment on anything. Finally, I've been inspired to do something. Now I must go play with my nailpolish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies, I had a lot of fun doing this pedi. Now I have to top this one with something even more awesome:)
    ~Anne~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog and leave a comment we love hearing your thoughts. Please don't spam the comments if you want us to check out your blog email us at SouthernSisterPolish@gmail.com we will be more then happy to check it out!